Having played at hundreds of wedding venues around Melbourne and Victoria, we have seen some amazing Ceremonies conducted, and have pooled some ideas for a Beach Wedding, Garden Themed wedding, and a Traditional Chapel Style Wedding in Melbourne!
If you are planning a wedding in Melbourne, we are lucky enough to have many picturesque beach locations around the coast to choose a gorgeous spot for your Ceremony. For couples who want the sand, water and sky experience, there a number of wedding venues that cater specifically to a beach style wedding option. Venues renowned for providing an amazing wedding at the beach include The Brighton Savoy, The Baths Middle Brighton, and Little Blue on the St Kilda Pier. All three venues are absolutely gorgeous options for couples wanting a beach style wedding.
• Amazing sea views.
• The beach can also serve as your reception venue.
• Could be cold in winter, couples would be best placed to choose a time in the year where there will be no rain. While weddings can go ahead in the rain with umbrellas, the best option is to make sure none of your guests, or suppliers (musicians included!) will have to risk getting wet.
• Sand, if your planning to get married right on the sand, what kind of materials will be laid down so you can walk down the isle. Will guests still wear heels to the Ceremony?
A wedding in a garden, or garden themed wedding has a classy feel to it. Our personal favourite is the night-time fairy garden theme, but that’s a whole other blog! If you’re looking for a classic garden wedding in Melbourne, there are a number of venues known for providing this option including The Glasshaus Inside, Avalon Castle and Ballara Receptions.
• Green leafy foliage, fresh air if your wedding is held outdoors.
• Picturesque scenery.
• Accommodates a large numbers of guests.
• Bugs, flies, mozzies.
• Potential rain.
For couples wanting to tie the know in style, nothing is more traditional then a gorgeous chapel themed wedding. Melbourne boasts a huge number of great churches that couples can get married inside of. Alternatively, you may want to choose a reception venue that has a church or chapel built onsite such as Ballara Receptions, Brooklands of Mornington or Bramleigh Estate.
• Plenty of seating for guests.
• Weather changes won’t influence whether or not the ceremony can go ahead.
• You can’t host your reception inside of a church, so you’ll have to book a separate area or venue to host your Reception in.
• Décor tends to be fixed.
Beach Wedding, Garden Wedding or Chapel Themed Wedding in Melbourne?
After you’ve chosen your dream wedding venue and secured your date be sure to check out our live music options for your wedding at www.celestialbandmelbourne.com.au, we can look after the entire day of music for you and your guests! We have our Acoustic Duo and Soloist option for your Ceremony and Canapes hour, followed by a full 4 or 5 piece band at your wedding reception. We have an extensive song list, with over 100 popular hits from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and modern era that will definitely have your guests up and dancing the night away. We take song requests and will happily learn meaningful songs for your Ceremony, First Dance and more!
Ms Lexi and Celestial Band is Melbourne’s best wedding band, made up of world class wedding singers and musicians. Contact us today to make sure your date is still available in our 2021 and 2022 calendar! 0467 375 489