Celestial Entertainment Terms and Conditions:
- Our DJ’s take up to 20 song requests or ‘must plays’ prior to the event. 25 if we’re DJing your Ceremony & Reception. We now have a specific Song Request form for you to fill out. Song requests that are made on the night from guests will be vetted. With the continued presence of COVID 19 and other viruses, we now accept song requests on the night via Instagram DM’s.
- For band clients (Ceremonies, Canapés and Reception) we’re able to guarantee 3 songs per wedding. If you need us to learn 3 specific songs for your Walk Down the Aisle, Signing and First Dance for example, we can do that. Beyond those three songs, we treat all other song requests as preferences. Meaning, if the band knows them great, if they don’t, we will choose other awesome songs from our list to play. As a live band with musicians, it takes a while to learn songs and unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee exact song lists for clients when we do live music.
- The initial quote is based on the information provided at the time of booking. Any change to the format of the event, including location, structure and hours will require a review of the initial quote.
- If you’ve hired our Reception band or Reception DJ service, the music will commence at the start of the Reception. Please note, we provide separate packages for Ceremonies and Canapé hours. If you need music for this part of the wedding, let us know us at the time of booking. Or email in an update before the wedding, so that we can discuss the package with you.
- We encourage clients to double check that the hours on the run sheet, match the hours of your package, before sending out your final run sheet. This avoids #awkward conversations on the week of your wedding.
- Our standard bump in time is 1- 1.5 hours prior to the music start time. Eg if the music is on at 5pm, the bump in is planned for 3.30-4pm. If your venue requests an early bump in, an additional fee will be required to start the day earlier.
• In the rare instance we had to cancel a booking, we’ll pay your booking fee back.
• If you have to postpone your wedding or special event due to a COVID lockdown, we’ll move the date for you free of charge, so long as the new date is clearly stated and within a 12 month time frame from the original event date. New dates beyond 12 months will attract a new booking fee.
Postponements for the following reasons will require a new booking fee:
- You don’t like certain government restrictions (eg guest numbers and dance floor restrictions)
- Your guest list has been affected by positive COVID cases.
- Interstate travel restrictions.
- You want to pre-emptively postpone ahead of time as you feel that there may be restrictions.
- You as the client just want to change the event date.
The reason for this is as soon as we book your wedding in, we start saying “No sorry, we’re not available” to all of our new enquiries. The postponement fee will go towards paying musicians a cancellation fee, admin time rebooking, and the cost of holding the date.
• In the event where you want to cancel your booking, we will retain the initial booking fee/ deposit in lieu of a cancellation fee
- If a client wishes to downsize an entertainment package after it has been booked, the initial booking fee will be kept as a cancellation fee. A new smaller package will be quoted for and then booked in as a separate booking.
Payment of Balance:
- The balance of your booking is due 6 weeks before your event.
- We’re unable to accept cash on the night at weddings.
- In the event that the final balance payment is not paid by the due date, we will assume you’re cancelling your booking and accepting a forfeiture of the original booking fee.
Use of Alternative Musicians:
- All musicians are subject to availability, if a musician is not available, we will substitute them for someone great who plays the same instrument.
Late Finish Fees:
• If the event runs late or the band is asked to finish later than the agreed time, a late finish fee must be mutually agreed upon by you the client, and Lexi Ross or the onsite band leader. Lexi Ross and other band leaders have the right to refuse to finish later than the contracted time.
• We kindly request that clients provide all band members a meal at any scheduled performance that runs for 4 hours or longer.
Consent To Photography / Videography:
• We (Celestial Band musicians + DJs) consent to photos and video being taken of us for social media. We also reserve the right to showcase the weddings and events we perform at. Please let us know if you dont want anything posted on social media.
Abuse at Weddings:
- Verbal abuse of any kind is not going to be tolerated towards any musicians or DJ through this agency.
Guests and Damage:
- Guests are not become intoxicated and in any way damage the DJ booth or other property.
- It’s expected that clients will pay for any damage caused to equipment by guests.
- We need to know prior to the wedding if the band or DJ booth cannot be setup in the same room that the guests are seated for your Reception.
- If the band or DJ booth is outside or in another room separate to the main Reception, it is likely we’ll need to do a second equipment setup on the day to run a microphone/ music through.
- In order to be ready for two setups, we need to know prior to the day.
In the event that the agency- client relationship deteriorates before the event date it might occasionally be appropriate for the agreement to be dissolved. In this instance the agency and client will negotiate a parting fee that takes into consideration all work taken place prior to the event. This includes but is not limited to:
- The cost of the sale.
- Time spent booking the client in.
- Time spend communicating with the client.
- Cancellation fees for involved musicians.
• We try our very best to give you the best band/ DJ service ever for your special occasion. Please put any complaints in writing within 30 days. If the matter cannot be resolved, then both parties should seek legal advice.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions:
- Please note that by making payment you have accepted and agreed to the above Terms & Conditions.
ABN 57 517 680 709
Proud member of Wedding Services Melbourne, Easy Weddings and ABIA.